Friday, March 27, 2015

DIY Jewelry Trays

I have always loved craft projects; my mother inspired us to create from a very young age.  Recently I got the bug to do some crafts and decided to make some jewelry trays using Sculpey Clay.  Have a great weekend and hope you have fun creating!

My Supplies:
Sculpey Clay
Stamps
Gemstone Molds
Acrylic Paints
Brushes
Sculpey Glaze
Cookie Cutters
Nail files
Craft Glue

All materials were purchased at:

Step 1:
Form Sculpey clay into the base for your tray and decorative accent pieces.  Be mindful that once you bake Sculpey you can file/ sand, which allows you to smooth out any imperfections.

Step 2:
Bake Sculpey clay at 275° for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch.

Step 3:
File any imperfections off pieces until you are satisfied with finish.

Step 4:
Paint pieces desired color; this took me about 3-4 coats to get the color I wanted. 

Step 5:
Glue piece together with craft glue.

Step 6:
Finish pieces with Sculpey glaze to add shine to your design.
















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Julers Row. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig