Monday, February 22, 2016

Thalia Jewelry



Rachel Clinnick, Designer & Founder of Thalia Jewelry
Rachel seen sketching in Santa Barbara, CA, where she finds inspiration from the architecture, landscape, mountains & coastline.
What inspired you to pursue jewelry design and start your own line?
As my mother says I have always been drawn to beautiful things. I used to attend auctions and estate sales with my mom when I was young and I started collecting estate jewelry at a very young age. By the time I was 12 years old I was featured on television on an Arts and Collectables program showing my collection of estate jewelry. I decided to start my own line after working in corporate retail and having other buyers in the industry ask me about the jewelry I wore. I realized I could pursue a passion and create a business that I knew and understood innately. 

Describe your design process.
My inspiration truly comes in many forms. I enjoy architecture, art, antiquities and nature. There is a lot of historical influence in my designs whether it be the history of a stone, a time period or genre. Because I do use ancient coins and artifacts as well as precious and semi precious stones I want to let them speak for themselves within the designs. I often sit with the items for awhile and manifest the best way to highlight each in an organic way.

Is your design process the same whether you are designing fashion versus bridal?
The design process is similar with bridal and fashion; however with bridal I think about the type of bride that would be attracted to the cut of the diamonds that I am working with. My goal is to create an engagement ring that the bride will want to pass down as an heirloom in her family. We only use high quality cut, color and clarity in our bridal jewelry; whereas with fashion I don't always have an exact client in mind. We also work with very high quality stones but will incorporate raw and rough cut gems into the collections giving them an old world feel. 

Describe the Thalia woman.
Sophisticated, worldly, intelligent, philanthropic 

What is your favorite part of being a jewelry designer?
My favorite part of being a jewelry designer is creating beautiful jewelry that people will cherish for generations. I also think it is important for my two daughters to see their mom be a strong, successful business woman. 

Are you more of a ring, earring, necklace or bracelet person? Why?
All of the above. But if I have to choose one it would be rings. I love to stack rings and change the look of a ring simply by adding bands. Or, of course, there's always the knockout statement ring. 

What is next for Thalia Jewelry?
We will continue to expand our bridal. We will also be incorporating more men's jewelry including wedding bands and cuff links. Right now we do them generally by special order but we plan on doing a full line of cuff links.


For ages I have followed Thalia Jewelry on Instagram and it is a pleasure to feature their jewelry on Juler's Row.  Thalia Jewelry instantly appealed to me, I love the use of 18K gold, the rich tone really brings the designs to life.  I am very excited to see the expansion of Thalia Jewelry's bridal line, Rachel brings a fresh take to bridal, which I think the industry and consumers are longing for.  There are so many pieces that are on my wishlist, I love the bold crosses, snake rings, stacking rings and the scarab cuff shown below.  
Description: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Julers Row. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig